The Oroko cultural association recognizes the need to involve their children as they move towards developing members and concern communities. To emphasize how seriously the association considers this target group, a specific structure called the Oroko Educational Fund Committee was created and is reflected in its constitution.
OUR TARGET POPULATION/GROUP:
This committee composed of four elected members and lead by a chairperson focuses its activities to Oroko children and youths in Georgia, USA.
The committee has clear objectives. These include:
1. Raising funds to support the implementation of planned activities through agreed fund raising activities.
2. Raising awareness in Oroko children and increasing their knowledge on import issues (e.g. healthy eating habits, social, cultural, the environmental, etc.) through exchange visits.
3. Coordinating the production and distribution of educational materials to facilitate Like the picnics, the coca-cola events offer the kids lot of new experience.
PROJECTED ACTIVITIES FOR 2010:
1. Visit to Georgia Aquarium, followed by a common meal (lunch) at Cici Pizza – May
2. Movie Night/Day followed by a common meal (supper) – April
3. Visit Philip Arena Show – July or August
4. Organize a Cook out Picnic – July or August
AREAS OF INTERVENTION:
In an effort to reach our objectives, Oroko Children Fund Committee shall focus on the following:
1. Educational Programmes .Our educational programmes are based on the needs of the children. In formulating any of these programmes, the views of parents shall be considered and discussed in the committee before submission to the General Assembly for approval.
2. Outreach Projects
Our outreach projects are aimed supporting beneficial children initiatives outside Georgia and in developing countries.
OUR CHILDREN IN ACTION:
The committee has organized outings for the children. And during these events the children are given the opportunity to run the program while the parents admire their children in action.